Sunday, November 4, 2012

Herman the Tortoise

Honesty time - I didn't plan on leaving the house at all yesterday. The plan was to have a nice lazy weekend enjoying football (both college and NFL), and just relax. That all changed when my college team (WSU) began playing...it was depressing to put it lightly.
I left the house out of frustration, and made my way to the park. As I got out of my car and made my way to the bridge, I was shocked (in the BEST possible way) at what I saw. Herman the Tortoise was slowly making his way towards me! According to his card, Herman is an African Spurred Tortoise born in the Spring of 2000 and weighs in at 41 lbs. He is a "resident" at Reptopia, but goes for Saturday walks around Bend. For someone who needed to be cheered up, Herman did the trick!
Herman the Turtle Reptopia African Spurred Tortoise Bend oregon drake park Jaime Weatherford
Here's another photo for a bit of a size comparison (and also if you don't believe he was just moseying across the bridge). Herman was fearless when dogs approached:
Herman the Turtle Reptopia African Spurred Tortoise Bend oregon drake park Jaime Weatherford
Also, get ready for a new post tomorrow! Of course as soon as I posted that there wouldn't be any more Fall/Autumn photos, I got a bit of inspiration! 



No comments:

Post a Comment